All drugs aside, these people may have had the most fun at the Detroit Electronic Movement Festival yesterday.
One may look and say, “What the hell were you thinking when you got dressed today”.?!?!?! While their fellow animal backpackers say, “cool outfit man”!
I’ve always been fascinated by sub cultures and yesterday I was pretty much fascinated just people watching. I respect self expression but am not going to look to deep into it, I was once a teeny bopper little raver and it didn’t really mean much except trying to find somewhere to belong.
All I had to do was open my heart. Every time I try this I wobble, loose my balance and most times just fall over and laugh that this pose seems to throw me off. Today though, I figured it out. All I had to do was open my heart. When you are ready, you are ready and TODAY I was ready. As I lifted my right fingers tips to the sky, breathed deeply with one foot planted on the ground, strength through my left leg, I turned my chest to the sky and opened my heart!
What a day, my favorite moment of the day was just that little moment. When you connect your mind with your body it is deeper than just a twist to the left or right and turning your head towards the ceiling. I connected with myself. My mind wasn’t on yesterday or tomorrow but it was right there in the room on my mat that I connected with a higher power that lifted me up and helped me move past my fears, not my fears of falling over but the fear to open my heart!
Posted in Fear, Life, Living in the present, Love, Reflections, Self-Discovery, Spirituality, Yoga
Tagged Fear, Gratitude, Living in the present, Love, Reflections, Self-Discovery, Yoga
This one goes out to all the Single Mothers….Happy Mothers Day!!
The first quote is dedicated to my Mama and Grandma Eva
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Author Unknown
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” ~From the television show The Golden Girls
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” ~Milton Berle
- “Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.” ~Aristotle
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” ~Tenneva Jordan
- “God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.” – Jewish Proverb
- “This heart, my own dear mother, bends, with loves true instinct, back to thee!” – Thomas Moore
- “Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he’ll end up hating you.” – Jill Bennett
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Woman in the home has not yet lost her dignity, in spite of Mother’s Day, with its offensive implication that our love needs an annual nudging, like our enthusiasm for the battle of Bunker Hill.” – John Erskine
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” – Rajneesh
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” – Chinese Proverb
- “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do well matters very much.” – Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- “Women are aristocrats, and it is always the mother who makes us feel that we belong to the better sort.” ~John Lancaster Spalding
**Quotes gathered from the following websites
Single Parents Unite
The formula has worked! No meat, no caffeine, no alcohol, studying The Fall of the Human Intellect every morning, and no hanky panky, wait did I just say no Hanky Panky? Yes that is part of the formula….and I’m up at 6:00 am on a Saturday morning with only 2.5 hours of sleep and feel fully alert and ready for the world! All of this is part of the lifestyle changing formula. I really had to give myself a month or so to do it because in the beginning I went through the headaches of no coffee, and withdrawals of my favorite foods but once I began to see the benefits I was able to start reasoning with my intellect vs. emotions and attachments like I need this or I need that to survive!
Just a couple of weeks ago I put on my facebook status “How do you change your habits and become a morning person, even though you’ve been a night owl your whole life?”. I got answers like “have kids, drinking before bed so you have to get up early and go pee, get an early morning JOB”. These are all answers that FORCE yourself to get out of bed in the morning but how about doing it by choice? Good answers but the formula above helped me change my mind set and make physical changes in my body that have allowed me to become a morning person.
And I’m fucking shocked by this one simple change I’ve seen in myself. I never thought it was possible that is why I had to use the F word…because I’m just that surprised by my behavioral changes. A month ago I would have talked myself into going back to bed because the mere thought of only getting 2.5 hours of sleep must indicate that I need more sleep. I mean its pure logic right? Actually it is not, the pure logic is if you are not tired wake up and get your ass out of bed!
This is one of the many changes I have seen over the past month, but one that I have been trying on my own to accomplish for the past 1o years. I do not think, “now that I have accomplished it I own it and can do it every day”. It will take daily work to keep up this practice and change. On a side note now that my 30 days are almost up I will be continuing many of the sacrifices I have made with slight modifications that fit my true self.
Listen to your intellect, reason out what really is the logic and make that change you want to see but be consistent daily and you too can make it happen!